Sunday 26 May 2013

The Great Gatsby inspired nails!

I have seen a lot of Great Gatsby mani's online in the past few weeks and they look so amazing! So I thought I would do my own one. This is my first ever time using striping tape so I will do a lot better next time, but I think they are quite good considering :)

First I applied my base coat and then I applied 2 coats of Barry M's gold foil to each nail and 2 coats of Barry M's black to my ring finger.

Then on my ring finger I did a gradient effect using W7's gold dazzle, I used this glitter gradient effect a couple of mani's ago and I really love it, it is so easy to do but looks so pretty :)

I then used a white striping tape to make different art deco looking patterns on each nail, apart from on my ring finger. I bought these from eBay (here) I got a mixed pack of 10 for £2.88, but you can also buy 3, 5, 20 or 30. I picked 10 because they had 10 different colours and I asked for 1 of each colour which I did receive.

After I had applied all the striping tape I used Barry M's black and painted over a nail then before moving onto the next nail I used tweezers to peel off the tape before the nail polish dried. Then of course applied a top coat once this was dry.
I am very happy with how they came out, I did mess up my thumb nail a bit on this hand which I was a bit disappointed with, but apart from that I love them!

Hope you all do too, see you for my next post!




No comments:

Post a Comment