Thursday 30 October 2014

Halloween: Spooky Branches


I wanted to do a Halloween mani that wasn't the usual skulls, ghosts and spiders and that was a bit more pretty looking. So here it is :)



To start I applied a base coat. Then on my thumb and ring finger I painted 3 coats of Barry M Fashion Icon (this is from the new Glitterati collection, all of which I bought the other day!). On my index, middle and little finger I painted 1 coat of China Glaze White on White, I only painted 1 coat as I will be doing a gradient over it.



For the gradient I used W7 Black and China Glaze Grape Pop and Spontaneous. I applied this with a small make-up sponge and then cleaned up around the edges using a cotton bud dipped on nail polish remover.



For the stamping I used MoYou Mother Nature Collection 01 and Konad Black. The tree on the stamping plate looks quite spooky to me, so I decided to stamp the branches from it.



To finish I applied a top coat of Seche Vite. On the stamped nails I was going to paint over China Glaze Matte Magic, but it has gone really gloopy :( so will need to get another one!


Also I thought I would share a couple of my recent purchases!


This is the Barry M Glitterati Collection, one of which I used in this mani. I saw them and just had to get them! I got them from Superdrug who at the moment have an offer of 3 for 2 on all cosmetics :)


And just before I started on this mani this came in the post, great timing Mr Postman! It is a Swarovski crystal glass nail file from Mont Bleu. I had never used a glass nail file before and this one is just amazing to use, and sooo pretty!


As always thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or anything to say then please comment below :)




No comments:

Post a Comment