Thursday 15 May 2014

31 Day Challenge 2014: Day 8 - Metallic


So day 8 is metallic. I wasn't really sure what to do for this, but I had recently bought some electrical insulation tape so that I could use the patterned scissors I have for nail art. So here it is...



Firstly I applied a base coat. Then on my thumb, middle and ring finger I painted 2 coats of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in Peachy Breeze. On my index and little finger I painted 2 coats of OPI's Liquid Sand in Honey Ryder.



I ordered some electrical pvc insulation tape from Amazon to create my own vinyl stickers. I had looked online for vinyl stickers and they were so expensive. So I was looking on YouTube and saw a couple vidoes where people had got this tape so I got some! The tape I got was only £1.57 for a 19mm x 33m roll, and the listing I linked to is for black tape, but it can be bought in many other colours.
I used these zig zag scissors from a caddy set I got from Yellow Moon to create little chevron stickers. I then stuck them to a plastic wallet so that they will stay there for the next time I want to use any, and so that they aren't difficult to remove.



I then stuck these stickers to my nail as shown and painted over with Barry M's Gold Foil.



Once this was dry I applied a top coat of Seche Vite to the thumb, middle and ring finger. And that is the finished mani :)

Although I wasn't entirely sure what to do for metallic nails I think this has turned out quite well!


As always thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or anything to say then please comment below :)






No comments:

Post a Comment