Friday 25 July 2014

31 Day Challenge 2014: Day 21 - Inspired By A Colour (Pink)


So as you can see, for this day of the challenge I have chosen pink for my colour inspiration. I chose pink because I don't do many pink manis, and also because the early days of this challenge didn't have a pink challenge day.



Firsly I painted my base coat. Then on my thumb and ring fingers I painted 2 coats of W7's White (in this picture I only did one coat, but after I painted another). On my index and little finger I painted 3 coats of Barry M's Princess, with the other Barry M texture polishes I usually only need 1 or 2 coats. And on my middle finger I painted 3 coats of Avon's Cotton Candy.



To create the chevrons I made my own stickers. To make them I have some PVC insulation tape and I used some pinking pattern scissors and cut some chevron strips. I then placed them on my nail in rows and sponged a gradient over the top. For the gradient I used Avon's Cotton Candy, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's Presto Pink and China Glaze's Heli-Yum. I then carefully peeled away the stickers using some tweezers.



And that is the finished mani :) very simple, love it! Definitely need to do more pink manis!


As always thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or anything to say then please comment below :)




No comments:

Post a Comment