Thursday 5 June 2014

31 Day Challenge 2014: Day 12 - Stripes


Have done one of these reciprocal gradients before, and although I hate using striping tape I thought I would still do it. Think I did manage to do it a bit quicker than when I first tried it, but striping tape is still really annoying!



Firstly as I always do when I do a gradient I painted 1 coat of W7's White over my base coat.



For the gradient I went from purple to blue, and the colour in between is a blue and purple mix. From left to right they are Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's Lively Lilac, Barry M's Bikini and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's Brisk Blue. I was going to do my middle and ring finger with the gradient going in the opposite direction but I forgot lol.



To create the reciprocal gradient I used striping tape and applied 3 strips going from the tip of my nail to the cuticle. I then did a gradient using the same colours but doing it the opposite way that I had done originally and carefully peeled off the striping tape.



I let my nails dry and then applied a top coat of Seche Vite.
I like the colours together and how they have turned out, but it definitely took too long to apply the striping tape for me to be doing another one of these mani's anytime soon!


As always thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or anything to say then please comment below :)




No comments:

Post a Comment