Monday 28 April 2014

31 Day Challenge 2014: Day 5 - Blue


I left day 4's mani on for quite a while as I really liked it, but today half of it was chipped off so it was time for day 5!

Day 5 is blue, blue is probably one of my favourite colours and I have many blue nail polishes so this one was quite easy for me :P



Firstly I applied my base coat, then on my thumb, middle and ring finger I painted just one coat of W7's white. Then on my index and little finger I painted 2 coats of Barry M's Green Berry Gelly polish.



On the nails that I had painted white I created a gradient. For this gradient I used Barry M's Green Berry, Guava and Blue Grape, all Gelly polishes.
I created this gradient using a cheap makeup sponge. I painted the polishes in lines together on a dappen dish then pressed the sponge lightly onto them then dabbed a few times onto my nail. Do not dab too many times on your nail as sometimes little bits of the sponge can go onto your nail if it gets too dry.



Once this was dry I stamped a pattern onto the gradient nail using the darkest colour, Barry M's Blue Grape. Yes the Barry M Gelly polishes stamp! The stamping is this tentacle pattern taken from MoYou's Sailor Collection plate 04.
Then on my index and little finger I painted some of Barry M's Treasure Chest flaky polish, this is from the Aquarium Collection.



Once everything was dry I applied Seche Vite as a top coat.
I am quite pleased with this mani although I don't think it is obvious that the stamping is meant to be tentacles. But I like it all the same :)


As always thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or anything to say then please comment below :)






No comments:

Post a Comment