Thursday 17 April 2014

31 Day Challenge 2014: Day 4 - Green


So I really didn't like the day 3 yellow nails I posted yesterday, so off they came and here is day 4 green!
I really like these, I have been wanting to try camo nails for a while so I thought now would be a good time to do so.



First I applied my base coat and then on my thumb, index and little finger I painted 2 coats of China Glaze's Kalahari Kiss. Then on my middle and ring finger I painted 2 coats of China Glaze's Westside Warrior.



I then began to create the camo pattern. I had seen in various tutorials that it is better to apply the lightest colour you are using first. My lightest colour was the brown which is Avon's Vintage boutique. The next colour I applied was China Glaze's Westside Warrior and the last colour was W7's Black.
I applied each colour so that they slightly overlapped some of the previous colours and I made sure that there was plenty of space left to see the original pale base colour. This creates the camo pattern.



On my middle and ring finger I applied 2 square metal nail studs. I applied them at an angle so that they created a diamond shape near the cuticle of my nail. I applied China Glaze's Matte Magic top coat and then pressed these onto the wet polish.



I painted a coat of China Glaze's Matte Magic top coat on the rest of my nails and that is the finished mani :)
I really like how this came out and I hope you like it too and will want to try it! It is a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.


As always thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or anything to say then please comment below :)






No comments:

Post a Comment