Monday 24 March 2014

Cartoon Nails!


Hey everyone!
I have seen these cartoon nails a lot and thought it was about time I tried them. Think they have turned out quite well :)



First I applied my Seche Clear base coat. Then I applied 2 coats of W7's black. I have seen these cartoon nails done in 2 different ways, I have chosen to do the black first then paint over with the colour leaving a gap of black. The other way is to paint the colour then use a thin brush or a nail art pen to do the black outline. I thought this way was probably easier, and it did turn out to be quite easy. The colour I have applied is China Glaze's Heli-Yum and I painted 2 coats of this.



Once the Heli-Yum layer was dry I then again used W7's black to paint a thin line along the edge of my nails.
I then used W7's white to create the highlight along the edge. I used a dotting tool to create the dot and a thin brush to create the curved line.



I applied a top coat of China Glaze's Matte Magic to make my design matte rather than shiny, and that is the finished mani :)


As always thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or anything to say then please comment below :)






No comments:

Post a Comment