Monday 17 March 2014

Bridal Nails


Hey everyone! So I wanted to do some french tip nails as I haven't had white tips for ages now, but I also wanted to have some stamping on my nails too.
Once I had finished my nails I realised that they kind of look like bridal nails lol!



First I applied my usual Seche Clear base coat. I then applied 2 coats of Essie's Mademoiselle, I was going to do 1 coat but I thought 2 coats looked a lot better.
I then used Konad's white special polish and plate m19, this plate has the plain french tips on and really helps to get a nice crisp line. I stamped this along the tip of my nail, and I then used W7's white to paint over some more after, as the initial stamping wasn't bright enough.
I left my ring finger as it was with the 2 coats of Mademoiselle.



I then used a sticky paper reinforcement ring, these can be easily found on ebay and amazon and general stationary stores. I made sure the nail polish on my nails was completely dry and stuck this so that the top of the inner ring was against my cuticle.
While this was stuck on I painted with W7's white polish all along my nail then removed the ring once I had enough coverage of the polish. This creates the half moon effect.



Once all my nails were dry I then did some stamping!
On the ring finger with the half moon, I used another sticky paper ring and lined it up so that it was in the same place as when I had painted with the white polish. I then used Barry M's gold foil to stamp this swirly leaf sort of pattern from my Pueen33 stamping plate.
On my thumb and middle finger I again used the gold foil polish and stamped a rose from my Pueen14 stamping plate. I stamped this rose on the right side of the nail and so that it slightly went onto the white tip.
I then used some pearl studs, I placed one in the middle of each rose and one in the centre of the edge on the half moon. To place these I put a small blob of clear nail polish on where I wanted the pearl to be. Then to put the pearl there I just put the pearl on a flat surface so that the pearl side was facing up and pressed my finger onto it. When I press my finger on it, it usually just sticks to my finger and I can then place it where I want it on my nail.
I do have one of those pencil things that is meant to pick up studs and stuff, but it doesn't work for these pearls, maybe because they are quite shiny. But I find my way quite easy anyway.



I then applied a coat of Seche Vite and that is the mani finished!
I wasn't starting out to create a bridal look, but I think this would be quite a good mani for that.


As always thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or anything to say then please comment below :)






No comments:

Post a Comment