Monday 10 March 2014

Butterfly Wings


Hey everyone!

So I have seen these kinds of manis a lot and thought how amazing they look, but I am not brilliant at free hand so I hadn't bothered to do them. But when I got my bundle monster CYO plates not long ago, there was this pattern! Yay! So now I have done it and below is how I did them :)



First I applied my usual base coat of Seche Clear, and then I applied just one coat of W7's white. If I were doing my nails white then obviously I would do more than one coat, but as I will be covering the white there is no need.
The reason I paint my nails white before I do a gradient is because I don't want to have to plaster the gradient polish on too thick for it to be opaque, and the white also helps the colours look a lot more vibrant.



Now for the gradient, I have only used 2 colours for this gradient. I thought that might be more difficult to create a nice gradient with but I think it came out quite well. The colours I used were Sally Hansens Insta-Dri in Man-go Team! and China Glaze's Life Preserver.
Once this was dry I then applied a coat of Barry M's Pink Iridescent, although it looks pink in the bottle it never comes out pink on your nails, the base is very clear.



Now for the stamping! I had a little difficulty in picking up the whole image with some of the nails. So when that happened and I wasn't missing too much then to not waste my stamping polish I just went in after with a nail art brush and filled in the missing bits :)
I used plate BM-424 from the Bundle Monster CYO set of plates and Konad's black special polish.
After stamping this pattern on all my nails I went back with W7's white and a dotting tool and filled in the dots of the pattern.



And to finish I applied a top coat of Seche Vite.
I am really happy with how these turned out, I was going to pick different colours at first but I am glad I picked these ones now.
I know everyone that is interested in nail art would know straight away that this is a butterfly wing mani, but people that aren't definitely can't tell unless you tell them what it is. I asked my mom what she thought it looked like and she said flowers, and then my dad and my boyfriend both said animal paw prints lol :s
But once I said butterfly wings they did get it. Quite funny though :P


As always thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or anything to say then please comment below :)







No comments:

Post a Comment