Thursday 19 September 2013

Mermaid Scales


I have seen a lot of Mermaid scale designs and decided to do my own version so here it is :)



I applied my basecoat and then on my ring finger I applied 1 coat of Barry M White, then on the other nails I applied 2 coats of China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint.



On my ring finger I then used a small sponge to create this gradient effect. The colours from left to right (and from the bottom to the top of the nail) are China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint, China Glaze Electric Beat and China Glaze First Mate. I love gradient effects and they are quite easy to do once you get used to them and practice.



On my other nails that were painted with China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint I have done stamping. I used one of my recent purchases which is a plate from MoYou, it is the 4th plate from the sailor collection and as you can see it stamps very well. I have also done a gradient effect with the stamping. From left to right and from the top of the nail to the bottom I used KIKO 625 Emerald, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Emerald Express and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Teal-y Fast.



I then applied my topcoat and this is the finished mani. Quite pleased with the end result and I might put some glitter on top of the gradient but for now I like it like this :)

If you have any questions or anything to say please comment below!

Thanks for visiting :)




No comments:

Post a Comment