Saturday 7 September 2013

In your face Chevron


This is my latest mani using chevron's, I also used a polish that I have had for ages but haven't yet been brave enough to use yet. I am not entirely sure I like it but here it is anyway :)



I firstly applied my basecoat and then I applied 3 coats of China Glaze Sun Worshiper. I had to use 3 coats for this polish as it is quite see-through. Also as you can see from the picture, it dries a lot differently to any other China Glaze polish I have used. It is as if it dries between shiny and matte, I am not sure why this is but I still love the colour. Not sure if it really suits my skin tone though.



I then applied a coat of Barry M Pink Iridescent. I know this polish looks pink in the bottle, but this never comes out pink at all on the nail. Applying this on top has definitely made this shiny rather than matte :) I also think the glitter has made it look a little less harsh against my skin.



I then used striping tape to create chevrons. On my ring finger I did a few across the nail and on all the other nails I just created chevron tips. I am definitely not using striping tape again for a very long time, I get sooo annoyed when using it, and it takes me so long to do a mani, but eventually I got there :)



I then applied Barry M grey over the bits of the nail I wanted it on and removed the striping tape before it dried to create the sharp lines. Once this was dry I applied the top coat and it was all done!


I do like the colour, but I don't think it really suits my skin as I have very fair skin. But I am going to be brave and keep it on, and now the sun is starting to go away this can be my last bright mani for the summer.

I hope you like it :) if you have any questions or anything to say please comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment