Monday 8 September 2014

31 Day Challenge 2014: Day 28 - Inspired by a Flag (Union Jack)


Had to pick the Union Jack really, only a few more manis left! Can't wait to finish this challenge now, although it has been good to do.



I painted a base coat on all my nails. Then on my thumb, middle and ring finger I applied 2 coats of China Glaze White on White. Then on my index and little finger I applied 2 coats of OPI Honey Ryder.



Then for the Union Jack. I am really bad at doing free hand stuff so this is not brilliant!
First I used a nail art brush to paint the red stripes vertically and horizontally and then diagonally using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red. Then I painted the triangles in-between using China Glaze First Mate. As I said I am really bad at free hand, so I didn't worry about being too neat with the colours as after I went in with the white Barry M nail art pen to neaten it up. This definitely helped me a lot!


On the other two white nails, my thumb and ring finger, I have done polka dots. First I stamped the polka dot pattern from Cheeky plate CH6 with Rapid Red. Then on the alternate lines of dots I used a dotting tool to fill them in with First Mate.



After a little clean-up I then painted Seche Vite on just the thumb, middle and ring finger as OPI Honey Ryder is a texture polish, and that is the mani finished!


As always thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or anything to say then please comment below :)




No comments:

Post a Comment