Monday 1 July 2013

Taste of Hawaii and First Attempt at Water Marbling

I thought these looked a bit like a Hawaiian shirt lol hence the title. At first I did attempt to do water marbling, but as you can see below I only managed to do this on 2 nails. I didn't find it too difficult and the two nails came out not too bad, it was just that my water kept getting too dirty and I couldn't clean it properly and in the end I just got annoyed and gave up haha!
The colours I used were China Glaze Grape Pop, Avon Luxe Lavender and Barry M white.

Anyway... Below is each step of the Hawaii manicure :)

First I applied my usual base coat and then I applied Barry M white, I did 2 coats of this on my thumb, index and little finger and just 1 coat on my middle and ring finger, you will see why I only really needed 1 coat in the next picture...

On my middle and ring finger I used a sponge to do these gradients. The colours were all Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes, the green is Jade Jump, the blue is Brisk Blue and the pink is Speedy Sunburst. Love these colours they are so bright and vibrant, hence why I used them for this mani.

I then used these same three colours along with Pueen plate Pueen25 on the white nails and I used the same pattern with Konad white on the gradient nails. I have had these Pueen plates for about a month now and I think they are a very good buy and the patterns are so pretty so if you haven't got them already then buy them!!

And here is the finished mani. I think this is one my favourite mani's I have done that are really colourful, I like the mixture of the gradient over white and the white over gradient. It looks like it was a lot harder to do than it was.

If you have anything to say or any questions please post them.

Thank you for looking :)




No comments:

Post a Comment