Thursday 13 June 2013

Snakeskin Shimmer

So as you can see from my previous post yesterday I got some lovely nail mail of some Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes. So I thought today I would use them for my new mani.

And below is how I did this... :)

First of course I applied my basecoat, I then applied 3 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Bronze Ablaze, yes I said 3! I was surprised that I needed so many because this colour stamps so well, but it took 3 coats for it to be completely opaque. I do thin coats though so maybe if I had done thicker coats 2 would have been enough.

I then used Pueen plate Pueen10 and the snakeskin pattern at the top. I love this pattern and near enough all of the patterns that come in this set of plates! The colours I used were both Insta-Dri polishes, I used Teal-y Fast and Ruby Rush. I applied both polishes quickly over the pattern and then quickly scraped and stamped them. I did the Teal-y Fast on the top of the nail and Ruby Rush on the bottom for the thumb, index and little finger. Then for the ring and middle finger I applied them the opposite way round.
The colours do stand out from Bronze Ablaze, but I think because all of the colours are shimmer colours I would probably use a non shimmer colour instead of Bronze Ablaze next time as they may stand out more.

And finally I applied the top coat :)

Hope you all like this and please comment if you have any questions or anything to say!




No comments:

Post a Comment